Whatever He Does, He Prospers
How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. And he will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season, And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.
3 John 1:2
Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.
What can make this year more prosperous?
- There are very few things that will affect us more than the people we spend time with
- We have to associate with all kinds of people but we have to be aware of who is influencing who
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 “Do not be deceived: ‘Bad company corrupts good morals.’”
- Don’t isolate yourself from those you could influence; don’t get corrupted by being influenced
- You will become like the people you hang out with
- Delight in the law of the Lord, the word of God
- We always find time and money to do what we really like
- What is your relationship with the Bible really like?
- Engage at a new level with your Bible this year; it’s a book of power and life
- The difference between this year’s crop and last year’s crop will be the seeds we sow
- Meditate: muse, consider, take time to ponder
- We all have programming that affects our choices, creates our ceilings, and limits, or frees us
- Our mentality becomes our reality
- Romans 12:2 “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.”
- Changing your programming requires something different than an occasional Bible reading
- Create some margin in your life to rethink
Our root system
- A tree firmly planted by streams of living water: taking its sustenance from something beyond just what appears on the surface
- Our roots have to be in another dimension
- I live in this world but my living comes from another world: I get joy, peace, love, vision, and self-image all from God
- How can you apply these ideas from Psalms 1 to make your life more prosperous this year?