Our Love is Loud
Luke 19:37-40 “And as He was now approaching, near the descent of the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to praise God joyfully with a loud voice for all the miracles which they had seen, saying, “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord; Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!” And some of the Pharisees in the multitude said to Him, “Teacher, rebuke Your disciples.” And He answered and said, “I tell you, if these become silent, the stones will cry out!””
- Jesus rides into Jerusalem as a triumphant King. Worship, adoration, and recognition of the King are all taking place.
- The crowd is recognizing that a King is entering their midst: they are praising God joyfully with loud voices. Meanwhile, another group is asking for things to settle down. Which tribe are we a part of?
- All across America and the world people will be gathering in houses of worship expressing devotion to and love for God.
- Lots of things happen in church: we meet people, we see friends, we learn, and we are inspired.
- The idea that we come to worship God together is the most important priority.
Psalm 100:2,4 “Serve the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful singing. Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name.”
- There is a recurring theme of Biblical expression of worship in the scripture: singing, musical expression, passion, full of heart and soul, volume, joy!
John 4:23 “But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. “
- We worship an incredible God: how can we express His greatness in any other way than with wholehearted, passionate, exuberant worship.
- We worship Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.
- We are celebrating God who loved us enough to pay our price for our sin that we committed. He gave up His Son for us.
- The King of Kings is being worshiped! That worship releases Heaven’s authority into the earth.
- God is seeking worship from worshipers as a recognition of the ultimate reality God is only good and Jesus is King over all.
- How does exuberant worship glorify God?
- What does it mean to be a true worshiper of God?