Song of Songs 2:15 Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
“The enemies may be small, but the mischief done great…and how numerous the little foxes are! Little compromises with the world; disobedience to the still small voice in little things; little indulgences of the flesh…” -Missionary Hudson Taylor
- The enemy will use the smallest things to harm our lives in the biggest ways.
- The enemy doesn’t come with a chain. He comes with a choice.
- Sin always takes you further than you want to go, costs more than you want to pay, and keeps you longer than you want to stay.
- Sin is giving ourselves permission to live outside of what God has commanded us to do.
- Choice after choice, link after link, the enemy helps us craft a chain of bondage.
- Today’s choices become tomorrow’s chains. But God also gives us a choice:
Deuteronomy 30:19 I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.
- Jesus is the chain breaker and you’re the choice maker. Choose blessings! Choose life!
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- Jesus loves you so much that he gave up his life for you so you can be free.
- One choice can create your chains, but another choice to put your faith in Jesus can break them.
- God can heal you today! Keep close to Christ and his church. Keep close to God’s word.
- Why are the “little foxes” so damaging to a person’s life and future?
- How can you make the choice to pursue God’s blessings and life?