Let The King of Glory In
Psalms 24:8-10 Who is the King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, you gates and lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in! Who is this King of glory? The Lord of armies. He is the King of glory. Selah.
1 Corinthians 10:26 For the earth is the Lord’s and all it contains.
- The heavens and the earth belong to the Lord. It’s all God’s.
- Let the Lord, the King of glory come into your world, your family, your work, our church.
Genesis 28:19 “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.”
- The church is the house of God and the gate of heaven. The house of God is the people of God.
- God gets into the earth through people. Together we are opening the gates for the King of glory to come in.
1 Chronicles 22:5 The house that is to be built for the Lord shall be exceedingly magnificent, famous and glorious throughout all lands.
- We are building a magnificent church for a magnificent God; we do church in a magnificent way
- We’re not looking for what is the least we can do, give, participate
- We are not seeking minimum but maximum
- When we worship, it’s not about us; it’s about recognizing His greatness
Psalms 96:4 For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods.
- When we give we’re honoring the King of glory; we’re giving our first and best
- When we pray with authority, we are standing as ambassadors of the King of glory
- When we serve with excellence, it’s for the King of glory
Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
- God is a God of abundance; not barely enough but more than enough
- Don’t let a season of lack trick you into thinking God is a God of lack
- He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly beyond
Psalms 24:9 Lift up your heads, you gates and lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in!
- Lift up yourself, lift others, lift Him up! Look up, not down!
- We have to choose to lift up our heads and know that the same power that raised Christ from the dead is directed toward us!
- Let the King of glory come in and awaken your heart to the surpassing greatness of His power!