I Surrender All
Worship is more than just a song we sing or a prayer we utter; it’s a profound expression of our love and surrender to the Creator of the universe.
When we withhold nothing from God, He withholds nothing from us.
Matthew 22:36-38 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.”
- To love God with all my heart means surrendering things to Him that prevent me from doing so
- Worshiping God in complete surrender brings blessing to your life
- The blessing of God that is released in our lives is beyond anything we could ever ask or imagine
“If you want to see the miraculous, you have to get comfortable with the ridiculous.” -Brandon Lake
Genesis 22:1-18 God tests Abraham’s faith by asking him to take Isaac and sacrifice him in the mountains of Moriah. Abraham trusts God and takes Isaac as an act of obedience and worship. Abraham calls the place “The Lord will Provide.” God does indeed provide and in turn, also blesses many people through the nation of Israel.
- The genuineness of Abraham’s obedience to God is tested
- God wants to see obedience and commitment to His call
- This scripture contains the first mention of the word love: “Your only son Isaac, whom you love.”
- Worship isn’t just claiming trust in God but is the act of carrying it out
- This is the first use of the word worship: “We will worship there and then we will come right back.”
- Abraham and Isaac went to the mount to bow down to the Lord; whatever the outcome, Abraham was ready to trust God
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- The story of Abraham and Isaac culminates in the ultimate blessing to mankind: from Abraham to Isaac, to Jacob, to David, to Jesus
- Because of Jesus, that’s the same lineage that flows through us
- When we withhold nothing from God, He honors our obedience
- We have to get comfortable with surrender and sacrifice
- When God wants something from you it’s always good for you, every time
Trust, Surrender, Worship, Blessing
Questions to Consider
- How is worship connected to surrender?
- Are you withholding something from God? Are you willing to surrender it all to him?