Are You Thirsty
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
- Many of us are running on empty, but it’s not God’s will to run on fumes.
- Jesus came to give abundance of life: passion, excitement, hope, and joy.
- Difficulties, discouragement, and disappointment will still come.
- The enemy wants you to be distracted, discouraged, defeated, and discontented but Jesus already won!
John 7:37-39 On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’” When he said “living water,” he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.
- Just like water refreshes, the Holy Spirit refreshes and recharges.
- Water is a huge part of our life; it’s vital to our health. Water gives life!
- Without enough water you get dehydrated. Not drinking water can lead to death and not drinking the living water of the Holy Spirit leads to spiritual death.
- Rivers don’t just appear out of nowhere:
Many times, we’re going to have to DIG to get to living water.
2 Kings 3:17 The valley shall be filled with water, so that you, your cattle, and your animals may drink.’
- Are you thirsty? Are you in a drought season? DIG! Trust God to fill you with living water.
- We should be digging a deep enough well that other people can come get a drink.
- Dig deep even if it’s hard work; it’s your responsibility! You can’t just live on bread alone.
Four Ways to Dig
Read God’s word
- Learn about God, Jesus, Holy Spirit
- God’s word is meant to change, challenge, grow, and transform us
- Even Jesus withdrew to pray; if He did, how much more should we?
- Pray before you come to church
- Participate and engage in worship; you’re not here to be entertained
- Enter God’s presence with praise and thanksgiving
- Writing things down will help you remember more
- Meditate on the word of God
1 Corinthians 10:4 And all of them drank the same spiritual water. For they drank from the spiritual rock that traveled with them, and that rock was Christ.
- Drink from the rivers of living water and enjoy hope, passion, excitement, joy and abundance
- Believe in Jesus and what He did on the cross; put your faith in Him!